Why Work at Sonnet?
Warm & Inviting Classrooms
“Working at Sonnet Montessori as a lead teacher has been the most fulfilling and enjoyable position I have held within the field over the years.” – Sonnet Teacher
Our classrooms are bright, warm, and inviting. We believe in incorporating elements from nature, and so you will see a lot of wooden materials in addition to stainless steel, bronze, glass, ceramic, a variety of texture fabrics, paintings and real photographs, living plants, and more. The Montessori materials (“toys”) are displayed attractively on low, open shelves. Our outdoor spaces include gardens so that children can work in the dirt and see the results of tending of plants. We encourage outdoors time as much as possible!
Peaceful Teaching Environment
The Montessori method is rooted in independence and respect for one another and the environment. Because these values guide our classroom set up, our attitude, our words, our actions, and our lessons, you will find that Montessori classrooms are generally very peaceful.
We incorporate grace and courtesy lessons into our program, and more importantly, model grace and courtesy to the children and to one another. We emphasize peace education. We recognize and appreciate differences. You will also find that while individual growth and independence is nurtured, caring for one another and contributing to the classroom community is just as important. In our classrooms, older children are very aware of the needs of the younger children and enjoy modeling and showing the younger children how to master a task or an activity.
“…I’ve been in conventional daycare/preschool and after experiencing the Montessori classroom would never go back. Love it so much I use it at home with my children!” – Sonnet Teacher
Supportive & Caring Leadership
We believe our teachers are the heart of what we do and deserve the best.
Competitive Wages & Comprehensive Benefits
In addition to offering competitive wages, we offer:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Short term life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Discounted childcare
- Tuition assistance
- Paid training
- Wellness and team building opportunities
We believe in recognizing and appreciating our employees. As an employee of Sonnet Montessori, you will know that what you contribute is recognized and valued by our team!
We believe in supporting our employees’ career goals. Many of our lead teachers started in our classrooms as teacher’s aides! We offer employer-sponsored Montessori certification in addition to state-required lead teacher education requirements. We also offer you career growth opportunities. With over 15 locations in the Midwest in our family of schools, if early childhood education is your career path, we can offer you opportunities for growth!
“…the finest Montessori school I have ever taught at. The staff is professional, organized, very hardworking, kind and love the children very much.” – Sonnet Teacher
Invested & Attentive Leadership
Our owners and leadership believe in being present and involved. We lead by supporting our teams of directors and equipping them to lead their schools, their employees and their students towards success.
We believe in equipping all of our employees to do their job. This means that we provide them with the materials and other resources they need, prompt attention to maintenance and other requests, and professional development and ongoing training to ensure that our teachers are trained in the best and latest early childhood practices.
“The management is well organized and helpful when needing assistance within the classroom or other questions you may have.” – Sonnet Teacher
Want to Join Our Team?
We are hiring individuals who love teaching! If you are passionate about early childhood education, or enjoy working with young children, this is the job for you! Not sure you’re qualified? We offer opportunities for training, career growth and employer-sponsored certifications and education. Email us today with your resume to be considered!
- Teacher’s Aide. Entry level position. No prior experience or education required. Candidates must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
- Assistant Teacher. Requires a combination of experience and education. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Lead Teacher. Requires a combination of experience and education. Candidates must be at least 20 years of age to apply.
- Substitute Teachers. We have both entry level and experienced positions available. Substitute teachers are considered “on call”. When substitute hours become available, you will be notified, and you can accept or decline hours. To stay on our substitute roster, you must accept at least 5 sub requests per month. This is a great position for someone who wants flexibility but also wants to earn a little side income. We prefer individuals who can work at either of our locations (Lakeville or Prior Lake), but will interview all qualified candidates!
To help us process your application sooner, please include the following information when contacting us:
- Position you are interested in
- Preferred location (Lakeville or Prior Lake)
- Hours you are available to work (we are open Monday-Friday, 7am to 6pm)
- Total hours of experience worked in licensed childcare and/or an elementary school
- Educational qualifications: college transcript, degree, Montessori certificate, CDA certificate, etc.