Welcome to Sonnet Montessori & Child Care
Jessica Johnsen and Kylie Schrader are proud to be the new owners of Sonnet Montessori, which has been fully relicensed as of January 1, 2022!
- All-new ownership with expertise in providing safe, quality care focused on each child’s growth and development. Their organizational and classroom leadership experience was gained at both regional and national levels, and Jessica Johnsen is a recognized early childhood education coach, speaker and writer. Jessica and Kylie are Twin Cities residents and are actively involved with their schools.
- All-new management team that consists of early childhood education experts and Montessori trained and certified instructors, bringing over 3 decades of Montessori experience to the table!
- All Children’s House lead teachers have obtained or are in the process of obtaining Montessori certification – we have teachers with a variety of credentials, including AMS, AMI, NAMC and MACTE!
- All staff are now trained in the Montessori method and go through an extensive onboarding that focuses on health & safety, early childhood development, the Montessori philosophy and that defines Sonnet’s new culture and values
- We believe in investing in our teachers! Now offering employer-sponsored teacher certification and Montessori certification, as well as a comprehensive benefit package to our employees!
Here's What Our Parents Are Saying
Health & Safety: Our Response to COVID-19
Health & safety is our top priority for the children, their families and our teachers. Here is what we are doing about it:
• We follow all CDC and MDH guidance and recommendations when it comes to exclusion policies.
• We follow CDC guidance in regards to international travel quarantines
• Professional cleaners deep clean and sanitize twice a week; in between our staff conduct frequent disinfecting and sanitizing with careful attention to “hot spots”
• Food service is by a licensed caterer who follows updated MDH and CDC guidance
• All people entering the building are required to wash their hands.
• Teacher demonstrated, reinforced and monitored handwashing procedures
• No groups exceeding ten children
• Contactless check in and out on our parent communication app