Welcome to Sonnet Montessori & Child Care
Jessica Johnsen and Kylie Schrader are proud to be the new owners of Sonnet Montessori! Jessica & Kylie believe that the Montessori system may be one of the best-kept secrets in education and were so excited about the opportunity to acquire Sonnet Montessori, not only to keep Sonnet alive, but to truly honor the Montessori legacy.
They also lead Sonnet in the mission to:
PUT GOOD HUMANS INTO THE WORLD
AND TO LEAVE THE WORLD
BETTER THAN WE FOUND IT.
Here are just a few of the things you will find that sets Sonnet Montessori apart from its competitors.
- All-new ownership with expertise in providing safe, quality care focused on each child’s growth and development. Their organizational and classroom leadership experience was gained at both regional and national levels, and Jessica Johnsen is a recognized early childhood education coach, speaker and writer. Jessica and Kylie are Twin Cities residents and are actively involved with their schools.
- All-new management team that consists of early childhood education experts and Montessori trained and certified instructors, bringing over three decades of Montessori experience to the table!
- All Children’s House lead teachers have obtained or are in the process of obtaining Montessori certification – we have teachers with a variety of credentials, including AMS, AMI, NAMC and MACTE!
- All staff are now trained in the Montessori method and go through an extensive onboarding that focuses on health & safety, early childhood development, the Montessori philosophy and that defines Sonnet’s new culture and values
- We believe in investing in our teachers! To fulfill our mission of putting good humans into the world and leaving the world better than we found it, we believe we must first support OUR AMAZING TEAM OF HUMANS who love on, nurture and guide your little ones!
We now paid professional development and training opportunities, career growth and leadership development opportunities, employer-sponsored teacher certification and Montessori certification, and a comprehensive benefit package!
Here's What Our Parents Are Saying
Health & Safety: Our Response to COVID-19
Health & safety is our top priority for the children, their families and our teachers. Here is what we are doing about it:
• We follow all CDC and MDH guidance and recommendations when it comes to exclusion policies.
• We follow CDC guidance in regards to international travel quarantines
• Professional cleaners deep clean and sanitize twice a week; in between our staff conduct frequent disinfecting and sanitizing with careful attention to “hot spots”
• Food service is by a licensed caterer who follows updated MDH and CDC guidance
• All people entering the building are required to wash their hands.
• Teacher demonstrated, reinforced and monitored handwashing procedures
• No groups exceeding ten children
• Contactless check in and out on our parent communication app