We had so much fun last week, appreciating our teachers with a well-deserved night out of bowling and dinner. Our incredible teachers work alongside each other every day, but it’s rare that they get to play together!
We had a little friendly competition for the lowest-scoring spot in bowling (yes, lowest!) and had a blast catching up with each other and our significant others. A big thanks to Jessica (our CEO) and Kylie (our COO) for making it happen!
Can we just take a moment to appreciate our amazing team? We believe all our staff are teachers, in that they guide the children in our school, and model to them what it means to be nurturing, positive, creative, communicative and innovative, all while collaborating and having fun! From our teacher’s aides and assistant teachers to our lead teachers and assistant directors, to our directors who constantly lend a helping hand to their teams, each person makes a valuable contribution to the early childhood education of children in the south metro of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Did you know that Sonnet Montessori School & Child Care not only believes that teachers are the heart and soul of the school, but that we show it by supporting their personal and professional life in several ways?
- We offer competitive benefits for employees and their families, including health, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer short-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- We offer paid sick leave, paid vacation and paid holidays with a minimal waiting period!
- We offer paid trainings and professional development that are transferrable and satisfy the continuing education requirements for early childhood education professionals in the state of Minnesota
- We offer employer sponsored opportunities for achieving assistant and lead teacher qualification in the state of Minnesota
- We offer employer sponsored opportunities for Montessori certification
- We offer great employee discounts – which means, that with just one child enrolled in our schools, the discount is the equivalent of a raise of up to $4/per hour!
- We offer opportunities for growth when our company. Between our Montessori schools and sister schools, YBR (Yellow Brick Road Early Childhood Development Center) and Seeds to Seedlings, we have growth opportunities for individuals seeking to make early childhood education their permanent career choice!
- The members of our leadership team are experts in the field of early childhood education, meaning they not only have the knowledge but the experience: they have done it all, working with every age group and in every capacity (including janitor and maintenance!). They are on site, jumping into the classrooms as needed, supporting site directors and our team of regional directors. They also love to tap into the passion and knowledge of our team of teachers, and always seek to innovate and find practical ways to support our teachers.